When the unexpected or unavoidable happens, we do not want your pet to suffer because the costs exceed your ability to pay.
We encourage all pet owners to get pet health insurance.
Pet insurance protects you from unexpected veterinary medical bills. Some policies even provide coverage for preventive or “wellness” care such as vaccinations, laboratory screening tests and dental cleaning.
Pet health policies are similar to human insurance policies which include annual premiums, deductibles, and different coverage plans based on what the owner chooses. Pet health policies are different from human insurance policies because you pay the veterinary bill and then submit a claim for reimbursement.
Before choosing an insurance provider, be sure to compare the following information:
- What does each policy cover?
- Are there any exclusions such as pre-existing conditions or breed related genetic conditions?
- Is there a deductible or copayment?
- How will you be reimbursed?
- Will you get to choose your own hospital or doctor?